Sunday, January 8, 2012

Not a Typical Evening

Having him home was absolute bliss. I woke up to his green eyes every morning, and fell asleep in his arms every night. I knew he had to leave soon, but I pushed it into the very back of my thoughts every time it creeped up on me. But there was one thought I couldn't shove back no matter how hard I tried. What if he doesn't ask me to marry him? During basic I had missed a call from him, and he left me a sweet voicemail saying that he missed me and when he returned, he planned to propose. But my brain constantly brought to my attention the fact that he may not do it; that he may not even want to. He had about three days left, and I had finally been nice enough to let him out of my sight for a little while. My brother wanted to take him to see his college dorm room and to meet some of his friends. I approved his leave request, and off they went. They returned a few hours later as promised, and we finished the day like normal. dinner at the house, some movies and cuddling, then off to bed. But this night was different. We were laying in bed, but we kept talking and he was being rowdy, which isn't really all that abnormal. But he kept chatting about how pretty the sky was tonight and he wanted to look at the stars and blah blah blah. So I finally gave in and we grabbed a few blankets and headed out to the backyard. There we were under the big black sky filled with tiny little diamonds. Little did I know that he had a bigger diamond in his pocket. That's right ladies and gentlemen, he did it. He asked me to marry him. And I said yes. Let the madness begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment