Tuesday, January 13, 2015

All Downhill from Here?

     We made it through another deployment! And even better, it was our last one! Hooray! I am so thankful that he is back on U.S. soil. Although we are still not together, I find solace in that. This deployment was so different because I went back home to Kansas. I thought doing that would be easier, but instead I faced a lot of judgement and rudeness in my own hometown that I did not expect. But while people were making assumptions about the "demise of my marriage", my husband and I were doing just fine, and I completed another semester of college! Everyone told me it would be so hard to go back, but I was so excited to further pursue my own career aspirations, and Brandon stood by me (in spirit) 100%. And he's a saint for it, because I wasn't always in the greatest mood, especially during finals.
     But after a long almost seven month separation, my love got to come home the week of Christmas to visit! It was so amazing to have him home for Christmas, our anniversary AND New Years! But of course, duty calls, and he had to return to Hawaii for the next seven months. 2015 is going to be a big year for the Green family because I'M PREGNANT! Not really, just wanted to make sure you were still paying attention. I will be graduating from one college and transferring to another, and we are staring Brandon's EAS date right in the face. We have seven months of the Marine Corps left!
     I know I can't believe it either. It seems like just yesterday we were seniors in high school, sitting in the McDonalds drive-thru and he was begging me to talk him out of going. We have certainly come a long way, and I am sure we will have a lot of learning to do when we say good-bye to the Marine Corps.
     Until next time! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment